Are you ready to have your mind blown? Today I’m making an interchangeable necklace which means you two necklaces from one. You can switch out the main dangle part of the necklace for another.
Here’s what you will need to make the necklace with the blue coin dangle:
- 5.5mm Twist Cable Chain x 55cm
- 11x8mm Antique Silver Barrel Bead x 1
- 23.5mm Silver Flower Toggle Clasp x 1
- 6mm Silver Jump Rings x 3
- 3mm Platinum Brass Smooth Round Seamed Spacer Beads x 7
- 6mm Silver Balls x 2
- 8x6mm Aquamarine Chinese Crystal Glass Rondelle x 1
- 6mm Yellow Crystal Glass Faceted Round x 1
- 8x6mm White and Yellow Glass Crystal Faceted Rondelle x 1
- 26mm Blue Silver Foil Lined Coin x 1
- 8x3.5mm Antique Silver Tibetan Style Metal Rondelle x 2
- 5cm Platinum Headpins x 4
- 12mm Silver 304 Stainless Steel Lobster Clasp x 1
- 4mm Silver Jump Rings x 1
Watch the video or read the instructions below.
Make the Necklace
Open the 4mm jump ring and thread on one end of the chain and the clasp. Close the jump ring. If you’ve never used jump rings before, watch this.
Thread on the barrel bead, then take one of the 6mm jump rings and add it to the other end of the chain.
Do up the clasp.
Make the Large Dangle
Onto the head pin thread the following beads:
- 3mm ball
- 6mm ball
- Silver rondelle
- 6mm ball.
Place your thumb at the top of the silver ball and bend the wire to a right angle over your thumb.
Using your round nose pliers make a small loop in the end of the wire. If you need help making the loop, watch this video.
Make the Small Dangles
To make the small dangles thread the following beads onto a head pin:
- 3mm ball
- Coloured bead
- 3mm ball.
Make a right angled bend in the wire at the top of the bead and make a loop as before. Repeat until you have all three dangles made.
Attaching the Dangles
Take a 6mm jump ring and thread on the three small dangles, the large dangle and the loop of the round portion of the toggle clasp. Close the jump ring.
Attaching the Toggle Bar to the Barrel Bead
Add the loop of the toggle clasp and the loop of the barrel bead to the remaining 6mm jump ring. Close the loop.
Now just do up the toggle clasp to attach the dangle to the necklace.